P (02) 9221 8390
James has been practising in the area of Family Law since 1986, firstly as a partner with Gilson, Patch and Richardson. In 1996 he became a sole practitioner. His practice continued to be focussed on Family Law, but at the same time James maintained his expertise in the areas of conveyancing, wills and estates.
James joined the practice of Dimocks Family Lawyers in 2017, where he continues to practice in:
- the practical and legal aspects of relationship breakdown.
- advocacy in the Family Court and the Federal Circuit Court.
- binding Financial Agreements.
- children’s issues;
- helping clients to navigate the negotiation of disputes arising from relationship breakdown, through mediation and other alternative dispute techniques.
- helping clients to achieve a cost-effective and equitable outcome.
James became an Accredited Specialist in Family Law in 1998.
James has appeared in complex matters such as the High Court decision in U & U  HCA 36. He has previously worked as a Registrar of the Family Court and is able to share with his clients the benefit of a lengthy and varied practice in Family Law.
Qualifications and Accreditation
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Sydney (1979)
- Admitted as Solicitor of the High Court and Supreme Court of NSW (1980).
- Accredited Specialist (NSW) - Family Law (1998)
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia.